February 2021 Board Notes




Board Attended: Tristan Anderson, David Vetrovec, Hotura Vo, John Itzin, Kim Hofer, Christina Kramer
Board Absent: Anthony Laberge, Ashley Rahn
Observers: Troy Macdonald


Meeting called to order 18:30


  1. Recap off cycle board actions and votes

    • Anthony Laberge Member at Large has submitted their resignation, his term is ending Summer 2021.

    • If we were to go through the process of filling the position for the bylaws it would be for 2 to 3 months. 

    • We will make a decision on if this will be filled in the next week

  2. Open Session (First 30 minutes)

    • Proposing to change the bylaws. Current definition of quorum is 5 out of 7 board members. 

      1. Proposing to change the current definition of quorum to ⅔ of elected officers rounded to the nearest whole number.

        1. All in favor

  3. Planned Discussions from scheduled visiting parties/ATC Partners

    • NA

  4. Equipment Rental Requests

    • NA

Coordinator Updates

  • Anime Detour

    • Focusing energies on virtual con, will be officially announced once the exact hours of operations are decided. 

  • Charities

    • Prepared a letter to go out to people stating that we will not be able to do donations this year

    • Received one communication from someone possibly interested in coordinator position

  • Communities

    • Holding Pattern

  • Communications

    • Holding Pattern

  • SOS

    • Holding Pattern

  • Finance

    • Bank Account $176,369.32

    • Education Fund $2,262.45

    • LEG Fund $12,998.63

      • Got a year end donation for LEG account 

    • Tax forms have been filed

      • Have been sent to IT to get posted on the website

        • Discussion about who in IT should be handling these, Tristan will email Drew

    • 1099s for guests that cashed their checks have been sent

    • Refunds for Detour members that asked for refunds started last week, there have been less than anticipated, they have until June to request these. 

Updates on current Board projects

  1. Deep dive into the financial situation

    • We are not qualified for grants

    • We need to focus all of our revenue on Anime Detour

    • Not putting funds towards donations or other events until we have enough seed money to make sure we don’t have future issues

    • Tip jar for online event? More of an AD discussion

    • Create a simple doc/colorful graphic that's really clear and outlines the numbers people care about: 

      1. 1) How much ATC/convention needs to make up, 

      2. 2) How much registrations will affect that number, and​ 

      3. 3) A list of the options we've explored thus far.

Open Board Projects/Future Meeting discussions (sorted by due date):

Meeting Month <Caretaker(s)> - Example Project

  • February <Kim> - Deep dive into the financial situation 

  • March <Everyone> Continue sponsorship of GPS?

  • March <John/Tristan> - Recording Board Meetings

  • March <Board> - Running for Candidacy/Annual Meeting Discussion

Meeting Adjourned 8:29 PM