November 2011 Board Notes
open discussion: dress code of short skirt for Secretary? [Lauren]
(not bloody likely)
open discussion: renting ATC equipment
Anime Fusion interested in renting main stage equipment [Andrew Benson]
no formal rental process from ATC
an arrangement can probably be reached; would like detailed list of desired equipment [Kale]
one point of contact [Lauren]
good idea to compile detailed inventory with price points [Anton]
Dept. of Social Corrections [Heather]
new name for DSC: Social Outreach Services
no objections from Board
GPS Anime Club got approved for $250 budget, which was overlooked
no objections to inclusion in SOS budget
2012 meetings, 2nd Mondays in month
chili cookoff / gingerbread house building, Sat Dec 10, 1-6 pm
- kits available for purchase by participants
- extra monies that may result go to SOS, unless it's an obscene amount
- can be used to make SOS self-sustaining?
- showing AMVs - traditional, no licensing fees
- forgo AMVs altogether and use room for more socializing? - informal poll at next meeting
- ask FUNimation to screen Summer Wars?
- not an event open to general public
- forgo alcohol?
- contingency plan for worst-case scenario; e.g., Ben Amundson would be legally liable, although he wouldn't be hung out to dry
- person serving reserves the right to refuse service
staff con preview hangout thingy, Sat Feb 25
- handout from Heather
- reserve Waterbury space now for that weekend, can always release it later [Anton]
- try it out for the first time at Waterbury, evaluate opportunity to expand into hotel later on [Jo]
- not keen on admission fees [Kale]
- tip jars [Jayson]
- ► $200 budget for event; vote passes with no objections
still getting community sponsors
community fund: >$16.4K
checking account: >$111K
photoshoot: came under budget, made $60 for community fund
samples from Anton's friend
put to a vote next meeting?
term limit vote before breaking up into divisions
Nabeshin would like to bring Japanese J-pop cover band to Detour
► corresponding increase in budget
vote is rejected with no approvals
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund [Anton]
CBLDF head wants to work with anime cons to spread word on that side; what can we do to assist him?
small space in Dealers Room? Artists Alley?
panel with Greg Ayres
get Neil Gaiman to come along?
fits with precedent of providing for charity outreach
one table available in Dealers Room
ATC panel at Detour [Kale]
roll community fund into panel
commercial for community fund to run on CCTV
invite Heather, Erick, Ted to appear
- Sunday afternoon between sponsor brunch and charity auction
- Friday right after opening ceremonies (with guests in attendance?)
Detour-theme tour of Japan (Evan Miller, via handout given to Kim)
- does cost per person depend on quantity?
- lower and upper limits
- would like more details
- proposed timeline can be pushed back
- one additional trip awarded to charity auction winner